Make3D Company Limited and Youth Empowerment Project organize a competition for the young Gambian entrepreneurs and youths with relevant business ideas where 3D printing can bring added economical and technological value to their project. Two finalists will be selected and provided with mentoring and a basic 3D printing introductory course after which the winning team will be selected and will get the 3D printer Original Prusa i3 MK3S, operation, safety, maintenance and basic 3D design training and mentoring provided by Make3D Company Limited. Furthermore the mentoring in the entrepreneurship aspects of 3D printing will be provided to set the economically viable application of 3D printing in the business.
Eligibility criteria for applicants:
- Youth or women led businesses/businesses with a significant impact on the youth and women empowerment
- Business must be already registered or intended to be registered in until May 2020.
- Previous exposure to 3D printing - beneficiaries from “Make it 3D with us” program are highly encouraged to apply
- Understanding the economical impact of 3D printing in the business
- Sustainability of the project and economic viability
- The relevance of the use of 3D printing technology to enhance the business
The applications will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- The relevance of the proposal in view of the outlined objectives
- Demonstration of a good understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of the desktop FDM 3D printing technology
- Relevant and efficient use of the desktop FDM 3D printing technology in the proposed project
- Impact on the youth
- Sustainability of the business model and economical viability beyond received support
- The applications will be evaluated by YEP and Make3D. The evaluation will be consulted with one of the largest producers of FDM 3D printers - Prusa Research.
Launch the competition and official opening of registrations on Wednesday 24 February 2021. Deadline for submission 14 March 2021
Apply here: https://bit.ly/2OVDr2R