The International Trade Centre through the Youth Empowerment Project is offering the “Andandorr Programme,” a pilot entrepreneurship programme jointly implemented by key entrepreneurship service providers in The Gambia. The programme follows a maturity-model bespoke service provision for local qualifying women and youth (15-35yrs) entrepreneurs in The Gambia across all regions.
Target beneficiaries: 110 entrepreneurs across all regions
- Information Communications Technology (ICT)
- Creative Industries
- Fashion & Textile
Selected entrepreneurs from the sectors above will be benefiting from a hands-on accelerator entrepreneurship support, business advisory, coaching& mentorship, market linkages coupled with access to finance opportunities throughout 2020.
The entrepreneurs /start-ups will be segmented based on their level of maturity:
- Growth (Expanding) Phase: post-revenue, targeting new markets, new products
- Start-up (Emerging) Phase: Minimum Viable Product (MVP) confirmed, customer acquisition and retention ongoing
- Ideation Phase: research and desire to start a business - earliest stage
Selected entrepreneurs /start-ups will benefit from the following services according to their categorization:
➔ Early-stage/emerging entrepreneurs/ start-ups will receive a blend of online and onsite training and targeted coaching on different topics related to building and further developing their business combined with sector-specific coaching and mentorship.
➔ More advanced/ expanding entrepreneurs/start-ups will have access to advanced training & coaching on business modelling, start-up governance, business planning, Investment readiness, export readiness. They will receive sector-specific mentorship & coaching, tailored designed networking events. Additionally, participants will also be given opportunities in the form of local, regional, and international start-up events, B2Bs, and competitions, to develop both their business and help them connect them with potential investors.
- Must be a Gambian entrepreneur and below 35 years old
- Promising early-stage business in one of the “Andandorr” sectors
- Proof of previous entrepreneurship trainings (Empretec, SIYB, NEDI, BUZZ Gambia & others etc.)
- Business must be registered and be in business operation for a minimum of one year
- Must be able to provide basic financial records
- Customer acquisition and retention ongoing
- Must be able to commit and avail oneself for the entire acceleration program
- Female candidates and Migrant returnees are highly encouraged to apply
Application Format & Deadline
Are you interested? Kindly take the time to complete the form properly latest by 17th February 2020. We will review applications on a rolling basis.
Application form can be accessed: https://forms.gle/w85WJw6RXrSJZrn28
Hardcopy forms available at the following offices:
- YEP in Bakau, for any enquiries, please contact YEP on 2420341/3864646
- GIEPA in Kairaba avenue , for any enquiries, please contact them on 7961115/3740266
- GYIN in Tallinding , for any enquiries, please contact them on 3938929/2502929
- SIG in Kanifing , for any enquiries, please contact them on 3142286/4382050
- NEDI in Kairaba avenue, for any enquiries, please contact them on 6514414
- GCCI in Bijilo, for any enquiries, please contact them on 2118787
- GYCC in Tallinding , for any enquiries, please contact them on 7866640
* For application to be considered, online form /hardcopy must be filled correctly and returned on or before 17th February 2020.
* PS: Successful applicants are expected to commit to providing their food and transport during the acceleration programme.