The Youth Empowerment Project is looking for a Communications Consultant to work in close collaboration with its local team in Banjul and its implemented partners across The Gambia. The Communications Consultant will be responsible for producing and reviewing content to promote YEP visibility.
The duties to be undertaken by the Communications Consultant include:
- Continuously and proactively reach out to returnee associations and other relevant partners to inform about trainings and other forms of support and business opportunities;
- Collect stories, photos and video footage from partners and beneficiaries;
- Contribute inputs to broad-based awareness raising and sensitization campaigns for different communication channels including billboards, social media, etc;
- Support project team in the development of visual communication and learning materials including presentations powerpoints, leaflets, brochures etc;
- Attend events, activities, trainings and create post, photos and videos on events and post them in social media;
- Post on social media platforms regarding activities and events. Ensure regular posts and adapt communication for the Gambian youth.
The consultant is expected to start his duties in early January 2019 for a three-month contract, with possibility of extension.
Education: An undergraduate Degree (BA/BSc)
Experience: Experience in journalism, communications management, social media management and/or community mobilization.
Number of years of experience required: 2 years
Language: Fluent in English and Wolof. Knowledge of other Gambian local languages is a plus.
Other: A thorough knowledge of the Gambian landscape of youth organisations and institutions is desirable.
This is a full-time assignment that involves frequent travels and flexibility in working hours.
HOW TO APPLY
Review the full description of this position (available by clicking here).
Submit you application to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational Statement (max. 1 page)
- Portfolio: should include examples of text, photo, video, and graphic design production.