The Youth Empowerment Project (YEP) is offering technical and vocational skills training to 965 Gambian youth through eight local TVET institutions. The technical and vocational training opportunities are provided under the pilot phase of the Skills for Youth Employment (SkYE) Fund launched by YEP.
These training courses are provided in partnership with Five Star Security:
• Basic Security Guard Course for Private Security Personnel at the Gambia Police Force Training Academy in Yundum
• Introduction to Illicit Drugs by the Gambia Drug Law Enforcement Agency
• Introduction to International Humanitarian Law, First-Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation at the Gambia Red Cross Society Head-Office in Kanifing
• Fire-Safety and Emergency Evacuation at the Gambia Fire and Rescue Services Training School at Bakau
• Introduction to Anti-Terrorism and Military Security at the Gambia Armed Forces Officers’ Mess at Kotu
• Customer Care and Public Relations at the Five Star Security Head-Office at Brusubi
• Be citizens of The Gambia
• Between the ages of 18 to 35
• Possess a minimum of Junior Secondary School Leaving Certificates
• Be physically and mentally fit
How to apply:
Interested youth are required to visit the Five Star Security Ltd Head-Office located 1km from the BRUSUBI Turntable towards Yundum.
Deadline for submission of applications is FRIDAY, 14 September 2018. Interviews will be held from 17-21 September and the program will start on 1 October.
Note: each applicant should only select one program. If an applicant is discovered to be enrolled in more than one training program his/her scholarships will be rescinded.