The Youth Empowerment Project (YEP) is offering technical and vocational skills training to 965 Gambian youth through eight local TVET institutions. The technical and vocational training opportunities are provided under the pilot phase of the Skills for Youth Employment (SkYE) Fund launched by YEP.
These training courses are provided in partnership with the Gambia Telecommunications and Multimedia Institute:
• Satellite Receiver Installation and Configuration
• Mobile Phone Repairs
• Laptop Repairs
• Gambian national aged between 15 to 35 years
• Minimum grade (9) graduate for Satellite Receiver Installation and Configuration
• Grade (9) graduate plus a Diploma in Computer Studies for Mobile Phone and Laptop Repairs
• Or a grade (12) graduate plus a certificate level in Computer Studies for Mobile Phone and Laptop Repairs
• Must be resident of URR or CRR
How to apply:
Interested youth can pick up application forms from GTMI BASSE, GAMTEL BASSE and BASSE YOUTH CENTRE. The form should be properly filled and returned to GTMI BASSE ANNEX with copies of their qualifications and identification (national identity or birth certificate) and one passport size photo.
Deadline for submission of applications is FRIDAY, 14 September 2018. Interviews will be held from 17-21 September and the program will start on 1 October.
Note: each applicant should only select one program. If an applicant is discovered to be enrolled in more than one training program his/her scholarships will be rescinded.