The International Trade Centre (ITC) is a joint agency of the United Nations and the World Trade Organization, focusing in particular on developing the export capabilities of micro small and medium- sized businesses (MSME) in developing and transition economies. ITC is 100% "Aid for Trade", supporting trade that delivers inclusive and sustainable development results.
In close collaboration with the Government of the Republic of The Gambia, ITC is implementing a number of private sector development initiatives including the Youth Empowerment Project (YEP), initiatives under the UN Human Security and the UN Peacebuilding Fund aimed at economic development and social cohesion, the Jobs Skills and Finance (JSF) Project implemented in collaboration with the United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) and the Migration Multi-partner Trust Fund.
In order to facilitate and provide a well-structured baseline for monitoring of activities, ITC is looking for data consultant to undertake baseline data collection from beneficiaries and organize /consolidate the data with existing data sets.
The Consultant will work under the supervision of the Technical Advisor and Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist within the ITC Gambia Office, and perform the following duties:
- Survey company beneficiaries using the ITC Gambia Company Assessment Questionnaire and assist in consolidating data in one single master database
- Survey individual/trainee beneficiaries using the ITC Gambia Individual Trainee Questionnaire and assist in consolidating in one single master database
- Assist ITC Implementing Partners in administering the questionnaires when required and enter results in the single master database
- Assist in conducting any other surveys or data collection needs
At least a bachelor’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration or in a research related field or advanced educational program preferably supplemented by training or courses in a related field.
- At least 2 years of professional work experience in data collection with at least a year in monitoring and evaluation.
- Good understanding of technical assistance in support of private sector development including MSMEs, gender issues and topics relating to women’s economic empowerment.
- Have experience in data analysis using any statistical software.
- Previous experience working in development projects is an added advantage
- Commitment to the UN goals.
Application should be sent to email@example.com no later than 17 February 2023.
For more information, download the terms of reference in the downloadables.