KMC Mayor Challenge _Tekki Fii Andandorr
“Inviting entrepreneurial solutions to help KMC tackle COVID-19 Social Economic challenges”
Overview of the challenge
The EU-funded Youth Empowerment Project has set up a million Dalasis fund to sponsor solutions that can help overcome difficulties. The fund will be awarded to innovative young entrepreneurs with smart and effective business solutions that tackle socio-economic challenges caused by COVID-19 and help the Gambian economy adapt and recover.
Scope of the challenge
Call for entrepreneurial solutions/ideas to tackle socio economic challenges affecting Kanifing Municipal Council due to COVID- 19. The Andandorr Tekki Fii challenge is specifically interested to tackle three major problems prevalent in KMC as a result of COVID-19. These challenges are:
- Market distortions and closure of non- essential shops;
- Reduction in public transportation revenue due to less passenger allowed;
- Learning disruptions due to closure of schools;
The challenge is sponsored by the Mayor, Kanifing Municipal Council (KMC). The Mayor champions the fund and helps in the identification and implementation of the proposed solutions.
The challenge will be managed under the “Andandorr programme”, entrepreneurship programme jointly implemented by key entrepreneurship stakeholders in The Gambia. The Gambia Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI) to serve as the lead partner for the coordination with support from the Tekki Fii partners ITC, GIZ, Enabel and IMVF.
Participants should Gambian youth between - 15-35years old;
- Social enterprise
- Existing business
- Educational qualifications do not matter
Application format & Deadline
- Apply : using the link https://forms.gle/Aa26P6eHTVzDVyj99
- Deadline: 30th April 2020.
Criteria for evaluation
- Relevance – does the proposed solution solve the problem?
- Responsiveness – can it be implemented quickly?
- Cost-effectiveness – does it provide a reasonable return on the investment?
- Impact – how big is the change, how scalable is it?
For any enquiries, please email us at email@example.com.
Alternative contact: Ms Isatou Jallow, YEP, Tel: 2420341