ITC in collaboration with the government and industry partners developed the Youth and Trade Road Maps for the Creative Industries and the Tourism sectors to identify and activate job and income opportunities for young Gambians in these growth sectors. The Roadmaps include action plans that guide the work of the project and its partners.
ITC seeks the services of a National Consultant to assist in the coordination, implementation and monitoring of related activities including skills training, the establishment of a cultural center, the operationalization of the creative industries entrepreneurship accelerator program, and supporting market linkages.
The national consultant will work under the overall supervision of the ITC Representative in The Gambia and the direct supervision of the YEP Coordinator and Senior Technical Adviser for the Tourism and Creative Industries and in close collaboration with other team members and partners organizations. She/He will perform the following tasks:
Skills training in the Creative Industries
- Assist in the development of Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) with Technical and Vocational Educational and Training (TVET) institutions outlining the scope of training courses
Organize workshops and training activities coordination by selected TVET institutions in the creative industries.
- Assist in identifying master craft persons and related assessment and certification program under the National Accreditation and Quality Assurance Authority (NAQAA)
- Review accredited curricula and provide inputs in developing and customizing content manuals for TVET Courses in creative Industries
- Support the establishment of a cultural centre and other facilities for the Creative Industries (focusing on music, photography, video and performing arts)
- Support in identifying and onboarding partners and beneficiaries of the cultural centre
- Provide monitoring and operational support in the implementation of outlined support framework in partnership with relevant stakeholder(s) for the cultural centre including working with centre consultants, mentors, monitoring of workshops/trainings, market linkages, reporting, maintenance of equipment and implementation of activities.
Business Accelerate for the Creative Industries (under the Andandorr Program)
- Support the onboarding of Andandorr beneficiary companies
- Help assess business development needs and related support packages
- Assist in the coordination of training and coaching / mentoring programs in close collaboration with partners
- Provide technical and logistical support for organizing events and market linkages activities
- Monitor progress of activities and support programs, capture results and develop narrative reports
Craft development and market linkages
- Support the implementation of the handicraft activity plan and entrepreneurship trainings in Janjanbureh and communities along the Ninki Nanka Trail
- Provide technical and operational support to the creation of the Bakoteh production and skills hub for garment construction and weaving
- Assist the Association of Small Scale Enterprises in Responsible Tourism (ASSERT) in the planning, coordination and implementation of the Gambia’s Good Market
- Support market linkage activities in craft, tourism and related sectors (organizing B2B, support exhibitions)
- Monitor activities of implementing partners in tourism and creative industries to ensure the delivery of quality outputs and timely delivery of reports
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in tourism, economics, business administration, development studies, project management or a related field.
Note: A first-level university degree in tourism, economics, business administration or a related field in combination with an additional two years of qualifying relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Minimum of two years of professional experience in the tourism sector. Experience and knowledge of entrepreneurship, business development and skills training in the tourism sector / creative industries is desirable. Proven track record in event planning and project management.
Proven ability to lead and work collaboratively in teams, with colleagues and encourage sharing of knowledge to achieve organizational goals
Ability to plan own work and use time efficiently, manage conflicting priorities and work under pressure of tight and conflicting deadlines
Sound understanding of result-based management and coordination
Excellent drafting and communication skills, ability to present and explain technical issues for a variety of audiences.
Advanced knowledge of English and minimum one local language. Understanding of French and other local languages is an asset.
Application letters supported by a CV and copies of education certificates should be submitted via email to email@example.com OR in hard copies to Project Manager, Youth Empowerment Project (YEP), Entrepreneurship Development Centre, Sait Matty Road, Bakau.
Application deadline is Sunday 15 March 2020. No late submission will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.