PACKAGING COMPETITION CATEGORIES
The International Trade Centre in partnership with the Gambia Chamber of Commerce and Industries is organizing a packaging competition at the 13th international Trade fair Gambia at the Independence Stadium in Bakau.
The competition - first of its kind in The Gambia – is sponsored by the EU-funded Youth Empowerment Project (YEP) and aims at celebrating excellence across the packaging sector. It is expected to attract all entrepreneurs active in value addition activities and investing in packaging, graphic design, labelling and any packaging system along the entire supply chain.
The main goal of this competition is to promote good practices in packaging that help entrepreneurs become more competitive and access new markets. Companies can enter five categories for the competition including:
Graphic design made in The Gambia
Low Environmental impact packaging
The Best overall packaging 100% made in The Gambia
The criteria for entering the competition are:
- The company must be operating in The Gambia
- The packing process must be done in The Gambia
- The packaging material can be imported
- Companies entering the competition must register at the Packaging desk at the Trade fair Independent Stadium and fill out the form
- Companies need to provide physical samples for judgement
- All packaging submitted for the competition must be already in use for products for sale in the Gambia
Exciting prices are waiting for the winners, including:
- Free one membership + 10 barcodes for 2 years by GS1 Senegal for the winner of one of the categories at the packaging competition.
- Free stall for next year Trade fair by GCCI
How to participate for the competition
- Companies samples and filled application form must be submitted to the packaging desk at the Trade fair independent Stadium.
- Registration is open from 8th - 12th April 2019 at the packaging desk.
- A company operating in The Gambia, can enter multiple categories of the competition
- For more information contact; +220 7088628 / 3945017, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The packaging competition is part of the packaging days held on 12-13 April at the Trade Fair Gambia International which also includes a packaging exhibition and symposium. The GS1 Bar codes providers will be on the trade fair ground to provide registration for companies and on the spot issuing of Bar codes after meeting their requirements.