The Youth Empowerment Project (YEP) will be offering technical and vocational skills training opportunities to 965 young people in The Gambia through local TVET institutions. YEP is funded by the European Union Emergency Trust Fund for Africa and is implemented by the International Trade Centre in collaboration with the Ministry of Trade, Industry, Regional Integration and Employment (MOTIE) and the Ministry of Youth and Sports (MOYS) of the Republic of The Gambia.
The technical and vocational training opportunities are provided under the pilot phase of the Skills for Youth Employment (SkYE) Fund launched by YEP. Through a competitive tender process, eight TVET institutions, namely, Sterling Consortium, Insight Training Centre, YMCA, Gambia Technical Training Institute, Five Star Security, Gambia Telecommunications and Multimedia Institute (Basse campus), Fajara Skills Development Centre, and Golden Hands Academy, were selected.
All interested Gambian youth are invited to apply to one of the training programmes as described below. The training programmes are offered to qualified youth free of charge.
- Application deadline: 14th September 2018
- Interviews: 17th – 21st September 2018
- Start of training programmes: 01st October 2018
NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS
Each applicant should only select one training program. If an applicant is discovered to be enrolled in more than one training program his/her scholarship will be rescinded.
- Certificate in satellite installation ( Training Location Bansang & Mansakonko)
- Advance certificate in CCTV installation (Training Location Sterling campus Busumbala)
- Solar installation level 1 (Training Location Bansang)
- Solar installation level 2 (Training Location Sterling campus Busumbala)
- Certificate vehicle diagnostic techniques and repair (Training Location Sterling campus Busumbala)
- Age 15 - 35
- Ability to understand basic English language
- Those opting for vehicle diagnostic techniques and repair, advance CCTV installation, and solar level 2 must have prior knowledge and experience in field of study
- Commitment to complete the program.
- Willingness to undertake industrial internship.
All interested youths are required to pick up application forms from Sterling Consorium office Busumbala, Bansang Youths Centre, Janjangbureh Youths Centre, Basse regional youth office, Mansakonko youths centre, Kerewan North Bank youths office. For any enquiries, please contact 3658926/ 2654772/ 3536629.
Insight Training Centre
- Solar and Electrical Installation
- Architectural draughtsmanship
- Be between the ages of 15 -35
- Have a minimum of grade nine qualification
- Backway returnees and youth from lower socio-economic groups are encouraged to apply
All interested youths are required to pick up application forms from Insight centres in Serrekunda KMC and Sinchu Alagie WCR or download the form from www.insight.gm. For any enquiries, please contact 00220 4390226/ 9913402/ 6460289/ 7235884/3566954.
Five Star Security
- Basic Security Guard Course for Private Security Personnel at the Gambia Police Force Training Academy in Yundum.
- Introduction to Illicit Drugs by the Gambia Drug Law Enforcement Agency.
- Introduction to International Humanitarian Law, First-Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation at the Gambia Red Cross Society Head-Office in Kanifing.
- Fire-Safety and Emergency Evacuation at the Gambia Fire and Rescue Services Training School at Bakau.
- Introduction to Anti-Terrorism and Military Security at the Gambia Armed Forces Officers’ Mess at Kotu.
- Customer Care and Public Relations at the Five Star Security Head-Office at Brusubi.
- Be citizens of The Gambia
- Be between the ages of 18 – 35
- Possess a minimum of Junior Secondary School Leaving Certificates
- Be physically and mentally fit
All interested youths are required to visit the Five Star Security Ltd Head-Office located 1km from the BRUSUBI Turntable towards Yundum. For any enquiries, please contact 6605714 or 2333356.
- Graphic Design and Desktop Publishing
- Marketing and Design
- Financial Literacy
- Entrepreneurship Skills
- Be residents of the North Bank or West Coast Regions
- Be between the ages of 15 and 35
- Have at least finished Grade 9
All interested youths are required to pick up application forms from The Regional Education Directorate in the North Bank Region, The office of the Regional Education Directorate in the West Coast Region and the Gambia YMCAs Computer Training Centre and Digital Studio on MDI Road, Kanifing South. For any enquiries, please contact The Gambia YMCAs Computer Training Centre and Digital Studio on 4370240 or E-mail – email@example.com
The Gambia Technical Training Institute
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Electrical Installation
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Welding and Fabrication
- Applicants are required to:
- Resident of Basse or Mansakonko regions
- Between 15 to 35 years old;
- Have completed basic education ; or/and
- Be able to read and write in English Language
All interested youths are required to pick up application forms from any of the following GTTI campuses: Mansakonko, Kanifing, Banjul, and Julangel. For any enquiries, please contact 4377025.
Gambia Telecommunications and Multimedia Institute
- Satellite Receiver Installation and Configuration
- Mobile Phone Repairs
- Laptop Repairs
- Gambian nationality
- Age between 15 to 35 years
- A minimum grade (9) graduate (for Satellite receiver installation and configuration)
- A grade (9) graduate plus a Diploma in Computer studies (for Mobile Phone and Laptop Repairs)
- Or a grade (12) graduate plus a certificate level in Computer studies (for Mobile Phone and Laptop Repairs)
- Most be resident of URR or CRR
All interested youths are required to pick up application forms from GTMI BASSE, GAMTEL BASSE and BASSE YOUTH CENTRE. The form should be properly filled and returned to GTMI BASSE ANNEX with copies of applicant’s qualifications and identification (national identity or birth certificate) plus one (1) passport size photo. For any enquiries, please contact 9966461, 9991244, 9087282, and 9118846.
- Hairdressing and Beauty Cosmetology
- Information Technology
- Be between the ages of 15 - 35
- Be Gambians
- Be able to speak English is an added advantage
- Demonstrate their desire and interest for the training programme
- Be returnees, school leavers, school dropouts and unemployed youths
All interested youths are required to pick up application forms from Golden Hands Massage, Hairdressing and Beauty Foundation in Kololi. Completed application forms should be returned to Golden Hands by 4pm on 14th September. Alternatively application forms can be completed, scanned and sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For any enquiries, please contact: 00220 7477066/ 002203156910.
Fajara Skills Development Centre
- Hairdressing / Beauty Therapy
- Sewing / Fashion Design
- Cookery / Nutrition
- Between the ages of 15 to 35
- Minimum of Grade 12 for Cookery / Nutrition
- Minimum of Grade 9 for Sewing and Fashion Design
- Minimum of Grade 9 for Hair Dressing and Beauty Therapy
All interested youths are required to pick up application forms from Fajara Skills Development Centre at 5 Atlantic Boulevard or call 9932576. For any enquiries please contact 9932576.