EXTENDED DEADLINE AND SIMPLIFIED APPLICATION PROCESS!
The deadline has been extended to 24 January 2024.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Online application form: https://forms.gle/Dk9MkBf19YsbL65E6
- Motivation letter: Where are you standing with regard to exports and what do you expect from the Export Advancement Programme? AND/OR pictures of your products;
- Copy of latest Business Registration Certificate obtained from Single Window Business Registry;
- Provide active contact details including email and phone (English/Mandingo/Wolof)
If you have already applied with the paper form, you do not need to apply again.
The Andandorr Export Advancement Programme is a joint effort collaboration between the Gambia Investment and Export Promotion Agency (GIEPA) and the International Trade Centre (ITC) under the SheTrades Gambia project and the Youth Empowerment Project (YEP). SheTrades in The Gambia is funded by the OPEC Fund for International Development, the Enhanced Integrated Framework, and ITC. YEP is funded by the European Union (EU) through the EU Emergency Trust Fund for Africa.
The Andandorr Export Advancement Programme (EAP) of GIEPA is targeted at existing or potential export-oriented enterprises or individuals that have the capacity to export goods or services in two priority sectors: Fashion & Textile and Food & Beverage. The objective of this programme is to mentor and develop successful women- and youth-owned export enterprises in country to enable them to take advantage of market opportunities, especially in high-value target markets around the world. To export, businesses must be well organised produce consistent quality, something which also helps them in the home market.
The Programme will be delivered through a combination of online professional export development trainings to be delivered by GIEPA and an international expert, as well as onsite BDS advisory support visits to business locations of participating enterprises. All BDS interventions will be customised to the requirements of each participant.
Benefits of Participation
- Access to 6-month (food & beverage sector) and 9-month (fashion sector) export training programme and one-on-one advisory support to scale up your exports;
- Opportunity to develop your own export marketing plan with support by experts;
- Access to international buyers in your sector;
- Provision of Business advisory services;
- Invitation/support for participation in trade fairs, exhibitions, and capacity building events;
- Invitation to attend buyer-seller meetings to facilitate B2B linkages;
- Research support for market information
- Opportunity to connect with like-minded entrepreneurs to build partnerships and create new business opportunities
- All participants who have successfully completed the mentorship programme will be awarded with a Certificate of Achievement and shall get registered in the GIEPA Exporters’ Register.
Process of selection:
- Shortlisted applications will go through an export-readiness assessment for determining their eligibility to be enrolled on the mentorship programme.
- All successful applicants on the final list obtained from the export-readiness assessment will receive a Letter of Acceptance and be required to sign a Statement of Undertaking prior to commencement of programme.
- In the event of false claims and documents, applicants shall be disqualified from taking part on the programme.
Both hardcopy and electronic applications are accepted. Hard copy applications can be submitted at GIEPA (address below) addressed to Ms Mariam Bittaye (Food & Beverage) or Mr Bakary Saidykhan (Fashion).
The infosessions introduced the Export Advancement Programme, the application process and provides space for questions.
Fashion & Textile: https://fb.watch/2wzGOM7BV2/
Food & Beverage: https://fb.watch/2wzEpXpzaw/
For more information on how to apply, please visit the Business and Export Development Department of GIEPA at the following address:
48 Kairaba Avenue
P.O. Box 757, Banjul
Tel: (220) 4377377/78/ 998 6445
Ms. Mariam Bittaye: +220 998 6445